It’s not often you get the opportunity to watch the likes of Lance Armstrong, Levi Leipheimer, and the rest of the pro peloton ride the same roads and climb the same hills you do. So when you get the chance, you take it, and that’s just what Road Rash is planning on doing. In addition, we’re inviting you along for the ride.
So here’s the plan, to kick off this year’s Tour of California the members of Team Road Rash (and hopefully you) are going wake up early on May 16th and ride from Folsom to Auburn. The goal, to find a plum spot on the “Cool” side of the hill to watch the pro’s ride out of the confluence. The day ought to be epic and we’re all looking forward to it. Here are the details:
- 9:00am: Depart from Karen’s Bakery in Folsom heading to Auburn on Auburn-Folsom Rd.
- 11:00am: Stop in Auburn to grab some supplies to get us through the next few hours on the hill.
- 11:30am: Arrive at viewing location on the Cool side of the climb out of the confluence on Hwy 49.
- 12:30-1:15pm: Watch ToC peleton pass by and somehow draw attention to ourselves.
- 1:20pm?: Once the road reopens we’ll finish our climb out of the confluence and follow the stage 1 course all the way down Salmon Fall’s Rd. From there we’ll be turning off on Green Valley Rd. to return to Folsom.
The ride’s about 47 miles long and has 2,612′ of climbing, you can check out a route map here. If you plan on joining us, leave a comment so we know to expect you. Thanks, and we hope to see you there!